Thursday, July 2, 2020

Fourth of July!!




I hope you all are doing well. I think of all of my students and their families often!  It feels like it has been forever since I have seen you all. 

Here are some resources that I found to help explain 4th of July to your kiddos. I know several of them hate noise and struggle with kids getting enough sleep when noises happen. Here are a few resources. Also, you may want to purchase some noise reduction headphones that construction workers use. The kids often where them at school when classes are loud, or assemblies are loud and it really helps them feel comfortable. I know LOWE's and Dollar Tree often carry them.

Don't forget to show kids where to find words like fireworks, loud, bright, happy, excited, scared, in their talkers so they are able to use the right words to describe what is happening with them. Feel free to email me if you need to know the pathways to those words. (fireworks may be under July or need to be added and the best place to add that is under party. Feel free to email me and I can walk you through how to add that if you need) 

Typical year fireworks social story

Tips for helping July 4th go smoothly

Fun Activties to do with kids on the 4th that don't involve fireworks. (Covid-Friendly) 
https://www.allkidsnetwork.com/crafts/4th-of-july/

Feel free to print this symbol if you need a low tech option for communication

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer activities

  Summer is here!   Parents: Learning doesn’t end in the summer. Having adventures and experiencing new things builds background knowledge, ...